Dawn Princess

Dawn Princess
Sailing the Seven Seas

Monday, August 23, 2010

Tahiti day number two...

Quote of the day: “I see it says we cross the date line in a couple of days. Does that mean we lose a day or gain a day? It’s all so confusing.”

I think I’ve discovered Paradise: Moorea. White sandy beaches, palm trees, a gentle breeze, warm, clear water, guitars playing and two part harmony over a barbecued lunch… yep, that sounds like it to me.

With just 3 tours to choose from, and little to do here on your own, Mr Gadget Man (MGM) and I, and about half the ship, opted for the beach and burn tour with food. I chose on the basis of the menu, and it proved to be a great choice. So we tendered in from the ship to the bay (no real township here), then took a small boat to a remote lagoon… or at least it was remote until the other tour boats flocked in, but hey, that’s part of the deal. Fortunately, while most people worked on achieving the popular lobster look, several of us wandered off to the next bay, and some peace and quiet… wonderful!

Back at the beachfront, we watched the kids play “kiss the stingray”. The locals assured us all that the stingrays here aren’t dangerous, and as no one got stung, I guess he was right. I just hope Mum and Dad tell the kids that the stingrays back home aren’t so cuddly.

I achieved a personal best today in the photo stakes – 24 shots. Somehow, MGM managed to squeeze 250 shots into the same period of time, plus video! Remind me never to accept an invite to an evening of his home movies of the trip – I’d be there a week! (Sorry man – just joking – really!)

No comments:

Post a Comment