Dawn Princess

Dawn Princess
Sailing the Seven Seas

Monday, August 30, 2010

On the downhill slide to Auckland...

Quote of the day: “I don’t really know why I’m still buying things. I promised myself I wouldn’t this time. I’ve still got bags of stuff I bought on last year’s round the world cruise I haven’t even opened yet.”

Apparently I slept right through Saturday 28th… no, wait a minute – we crossed the dateline… Phew, had me worried there…

The temperatures are steadily dropping, the seas are increasing, and we’re all trying to fit everything into the suitcases. Last night I had planned on watching a movie outside on the big screen, but it rained. The rest of the entertainment was repeats from earlier in the cruise. There’s a definite feeling that things are drawing to a close.

So today will be a day of meeting friends for a final lunch, followed by a final dinner with my dinner table, and a final drink with Mr Gadget Man. BJ says cut the nostalgia, and just get on with it. He reckons his days at sea are over, and now wants to retire to a high rise city apartment, where he can ignore the world, and dream of the good old days in Gibraltar. However I suspect that his real fate will be to be stuffed into a draw somewhere, to languish until I take him on his next adventure… which I’m already starting to think about…

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your posts Philip. Thoroughly enjoyed them all. This morning, (Monday) bright sunshine in Auckland - so far - after yesterday's (Sunday's) really erratic shocker.

    Hopefully you'll do a summary blog of your trip to round it off.

    ReplyDelete