Dawn Princess

Dawn Princess
Sailing the Seven Seas

Monday, May 24, 2010

Blog site discovered: 21 days to departure

Hi folks

Wecome to this blog of my 80 day adventure as I travel around the world, mostly on the Dawn Princess. Ok, ok, I know I said I wasn't going to write a blog, seeing that's what heaps of other people do, but peer pressure... nag, nag, nag from certain friends has FORCED ME INTO IT!


YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...

So here I am, at the end of a wonderful weekend in Wellington, bashing away on the old PC, and trying to figure out how this blog thingy all works. Being a blog virgin, I can see that I have a lot to learn. Still, I've got 3 weeks to get it sussed (note the "I" and not "We" due to the fact that while JB tells me I should blog, she has absolutely no intention of helping me with it! So are we at all surprised by that?)

THE DAWN PRINCESS SAILED OUT OF SYDNEY ON FRIDAY 21 MAY 2010 ON THE START OF HER 104 DAY ROUND THE WORLD VOYAGE.

Sadly JB and I are still at home, and still three weeks away from the start of our adventure: we join the ship in Dubai on 14 June. I will be in seventh heaven of course, but JB put her foot down: 4 weeks Dubai to Southampton is her limit, then I'm on my tod... time will tell how well I cope with that.

So stay tuned, follow the pair of us from Wellington to the UK, then watch me sweat it out alone in cougar infested cruise ship spa pools as I battle the 7 weeks back to Auckland!

3 comments:

  1. yay team... though i have to wait till next year !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Phillip

    I am looking forward to following your blog. We also will be going"around the World in 80 days" in November . We are sailing on P&O Oriana - Brisbane to UK and returning on Arcadia. -p with 19 days in the UK over Xmas.

    I am interested in the "little" things about your trip. Those things that make a long world voyage different to the usual 10-12 day cruises we have done in the past. I am also interested in how you manage to get this blog out from the ship. Have you taken a laptop??

    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phillip
    You're doing well learning the ropes of blogging. I'm in the same boat (ha-ha! - sorry about that!) I'm sure we'll all learn lots more about blogging by the end of the cruise.
    Hope your last few weeks at home aren't too hectic.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete